Monday, January 19, 2009

The Sunday Styles

The New York Times, Sunday Edition is a required text for my English course. (And yes, if you are the apartment above mine, I stole your NYT, but your newspapers have been piling up outside the door so I thought I'd do you a favor.) I didn't think I'd use this as an online confessional but it seems to be working out that way.
Anyways, I now understand why Charlotte from Sex in the City is obsessed with the wedding announcement section, or why it is only printed in the Sunday edition: because hopeless romantics like myself would never leave their cup of coffee, tissue box, and columns upon columns of the next You've Got Mail or The Notebook chick flicks, or why when my English professor asks what I found interesting in the NYT, my only answer will be "that it took Josh Gadbow three years of perfect dates to finally kiss Beth Leachman."
"He soon whispered 'I love you' at a pizza and wine bar called the Kitchen Upstairs that, in true Boulder fashion even recycles drinking straws. Ms. Leachman's reply was as circuitous as an Irish ballad: 'Thank you' she recalled saying. Then she told him 'all the things he might not like about me once he got to know me.' When he seemed unfazed, she told him she would love him forever." ...I mean how perfect is that?
So instead of spending $12 bucks at the movie theater, I recommend picking up the latest Sunday edition, popping a bag of popcorn and enjoying a night in. (Note: You should also read the rest of the paper...they tell me it's important.)

"I'd rather have roses on my table, than diamonds on my neck."
-Emma Goldman

2 comments:

  1. i love it! i will be picking up a copy of the trib on sunday!

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, even though you are hopeless. J/kizzle. Write about your love for good conversation and wine.

    ReplyDelete