Saturday, January 17, 2009

Breaking The Ice

How much does a polar bear weigh?
Just enough to break the ice!

Okay, it is a little bit lame, but this is my first time blogging so give me a 'break.' I have decided to title my blog "Jane's Fresh Cut Thoughts" because it has always been a dream of mine to open my own flower shop. I worked at Trenton Flower Shop while in high school and fell in love with the business. You never run into an mad customer. Everyone walks into the shop, smells the sweetness, and leaves happy. As the delivery girl, I was given the chance to make everyone's day by surprising them with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from their son who lives across the country, or from a close friend who wishes they would feel better, or from a date last night that went over extremely well. You get a glimpse into a person's soul when you write the note that sticks into the bouquet, you see how in love they are with their wives or how sorry they are for something hurtful they said to a friend. Writing these messages can get you into a bit of trouble though, for instance: when I signed "Love, Tom" instead of "Love, Todd". My boss wasn't too happy about that mistake.

Another dream of mine is to be an elementary teacher, which I am working towards by gaining my undergraduate degree from Michigan State University. For the first few weeks of this blog, I will be using it to discuss topics for my TE 448 class, "Issues of Diversity in Children's and Adolescent Literature". I hope to continue this blog after the course is finished to explore my thoughts on issues of education, my daily life, or just anything I find interesting.

"The World Laughs In Flowers." Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Jane...I love that you are writing a blog! I will definatly be a follower of your work.

    P.S. You make my day with or without flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Some people, like flowers, give pleasure, just by being." Jane this quote reminded me of you...xo, Mrs. Hunter

    ReplyDelete