Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two Weddings One Summer

"I use to think a wedding was a simple affair: boy and girl meet, he buys a ring, she buys a dress, they say 'I do.' I was wrong that's getting married a wedding is entirely different."-George Banks

I spent this past weekend on the set of Father of the Bride. Come to think of it, it was also the set of Father of the Groom, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom... Confused? Well so are the rest of us! My sister and brother are getting married this summer. (And No, not to eachother). My sister will be marrying her highschool sweetheart in 8 weeks and three days. And Only 2 months, 4 weeks, and 2 days after that my brother is marrying his college sweetheart. Our house is exploding with wedding talk! We eat dinner on top of stacks of bridal magazines, we refer to eachother in our bridal party names (maid of honor, groom 1, groom 2,...), we can't go grocery shopping without a registry, and we eat wedding cake samples for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. My dad has officially taken the role of George Banks. George Banks to hot dog buns is my Dad's equivalent to downgrading our family to drinking $5 bottles of White Zinfandel in order to make up for the expensives of the wedding. Somebody needs to set up videocamera and send a productions crew down to the Mech household because this summer's story is going to cake from the Banks family...wedding cake that is!

1 comment:

  1. Jane (aka very important bridesmaid) -
    Call me STAT to talk showers, shoes, fittings, and bachelorette details!
    Xo,
    Maid of Honor!

    ReplyDelete